PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Moussu, L. (2017). Shortcomings of native English speaker teachers and non-native English speaker teachers. Encyclopedia entry (3000 words) for the Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching, published by Wiley, in partnership with TESOL International.
- Moussu, L. (2017). Strengths of native English speaker teachers and non-native English speaker teachers. Encyclopedia entry (3000 words) for the Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching, published by Wiley, in partnership with TESOL International.
- Moussu, L. (2016). Student attitudes, teacher self-perceptions, and Intensive English Program administrator beliefs and practices towards native and nonnative ESL teachers: Implications for teacher education and professional development. Book chapter for Teacher Education and Professional Development in TESOL: Global Perspectives, edited by TIRF (TESOL’s International Research Foundation for English Language Education). Routledge, pp. 68-80.
- Moussu, L. and David, N. (2015). Writing centers: Finding a center for ESL writers. Book chapter in ESL Readers and Writers in Higher Education: Understanding Challenges, Providing Support, edited by Norman Evans and Neil Anderson. Routledge.
- Moussu, L. (2013). Let’s Talk! ESL students’ needs and writing centre philosophy. The TESL Canada Journal (30)2, 55-68.
- Moussu, L. (2012). Writing center. Book chapter in R. Kubota & Y. Sun (Eds), Demystifying Career Paths after Graduate School: A Guide for Second Language Professionals in Higher Education. Information Age Publishing Press.
- Moussu, L. (2012, February). Bridging gaps–An unusual writing center bringing unusual high school students to university. Writing Lab Newsletter 36(5-6), 7-10.
- Moussu, L. (2010). Influence of teacher-contact time and other variables on ESL students attitudes towards native- and nonnative-English-speaking teachers. TESOL Quarterly, 44(4), 746-768.
- Moussu, L. (2010). Toward a conversation between ESL teachers and Intensive English Program administrators. TESOL Journal, 1(4), 400-426.
- Moussu, L. & Llurda, E. (2008). Non-native English-speaking ESL teachers: History and Research. Language Teaching, 41(3), 315-348. (Cited 52 times.)
- Moussu, L. & Braine, G. (2006). The attitudes of ESL students towards nonnative English language teachers. TESL Reporter, 39, 33-47.
- Moussu, L. (2005). In love and war: Nonnative English-speaking Composition teachers and university ESL students. INTESOL Journal, 2, 49-54.
- Moussu, L. (2013). [Review of From form to meaning: Freshman Composition and the Long Sixties, 1957-1974, by David Fleming]. ESC: English Studies in Canada, 38(2).
- Moussu, L. (2012, August). [Review of the edited book Sociocultural theory in Second Language Education: an introduction through narratives, by Merrill Swain, Penny Kinnear, and Linda Steinman]. Inkshed Newsletter, [online: http://www.inkshed.ca/ blog/newsletter/august-2012-newsletter/beyond-the-zpd/].
- Moussu, L. (2008). [Review of the edited book The politics of Second Language writing, by Paul Kei Matsuda, Christina Ortmeier-Hooper, and Xiaoye You]. English for Specific Purposes, 27, 118-121.
- Moussu, L. (2006). [Review of the edited book Learning and teaching from experience: Perspectives on nonnative English-speaking professionals, by Lia D. Kamhi-Stein]. TESOL Quarterly, 40, 85-87.
- Moussu, L. (2017, March). Long-‐term effects of writing center tutoring sessions on student revisions. ATESL Newsletter (feature article).
- Moussu, L. (2007). TESOL Association Caucuses. Essential Teacher (online), 4(1).
- Moussu, L. (2006). Why did I become the Caucus’ Chair? NNEST Newsletter, 8, 1.
- Moussu, L. (2006). Native and nonnative English-speaking English as Second Language teachers: Student attitudes, teacher self-perceptions, and Intensive English Program administrator beliefs and practices. Unpublished Doctoral Thesis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED492599).
- Moussu, L. (2005, October). RESEARCH or research? NNEST Newsletter, 7, 2.
- Moussu, L. (2003, Fall). Explaining English 106I. Tesolin’, 22, 1-8.
- Moussu, L. (2002) English as a Second Language Students’ Reactions to Nonnative English-speaking Teachers. Master’s Thesis, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED468879).